Hello IPABy: Beau Burke
Style: American IPA
Recipe Type: Extract
My first beer. Also, my first ruined beer. Tasted like a musty glass of well water. The taste was likely a result of un-boiled water being added to my fermentation bucket to fill it to five gallons. It could also have been a bad batch of Cascade hop pellets bought from a local homebrew store I won't name (which I no longer frequent). Regardless, this beer was terrible.
- 1 can Coopers IPA kit
- 1 lb. corn sugar
- 1/2 lb malto dextrine
- 2 oz Cascade pellets
- Boil extract, corn sugar, and malto-dextrine in 1.5 gallons for 30 minutes
- Add 2 oz Cascade pellet with 5 minutes left to boil
- Sparge into 3 gallons cold water.
- Top off to 5 gallons.
- Pitched yeast at 90F after three hours air cooling.
- Bottled at 7 days with corn sugar primer