RyePA 2By: Mark Allen
Style: American IPA
Recipe Type: All Grain
Lots of hops with a very nice crisp rye addition. Stronger and more aggressive then my other RyePA. Hop bill very similar to the style of Pliney the Elder.
- 18 lbs 2 row
- 6 lbs rye
- 1 lb flaked rye
- 1 lb victory
- 1 lb crystal 40
- 1 lb crystal 60
- 2 oz Chinook at mash
- 3 oz Warrior and 1 oz Chinook for 90 min
- 1 oz centennial and 1 oz summit for 45 min
- 1 oz centennial an 1 oz columbus for 30 min
- 2 oz centennial and 1 oz columbus and 1 oz summit for 15 min
- 2 oz centennial and 1 oz columbux and 1 oz summit for last 5 min
- dry hop with 1 oz each of centennial, columbus and summit
- Wyeast American Ale II
- Standard single temp mash works fine.
- Should take about 2 weeks. Add the hops after the primary ferment has ended.
- This is just a steady progression of my RyePA. This latest version has a lot more hop character.