Coffe StoutBy: Mark Allen
Style: American Stout
Recipe Type: All Grain
Very black stout with a nice coffee nose and finish.
- 24 lbs 2 row
- 2 lbs black malt
- 1 lb chocolate malt
- 1 lb cafara III
- 1 lb crystal 120
- 1 lb black barley
- 8 oz lactose sugar
- 1 oz centennial and 1 oz summit for bittering
- 1 oz each of cascade for flavor and aroma
- 1 lb fresh roasted / ground.
- wyeast American Ale II (in all recipes, just re-pitch).
- Single temp mash is fine.
- Typical ferment time, AA II tends to burn out in a bit over 2 weeks.
- This stout is huge. Lots of dark malt with a bit of sweetness from the lactose sugar. The coffee stands out just enough and really adds a great roundness with the very dark stout.